"I want a game that’s edifying - "
"I want a game that’s healing - "
"I want a game that’s pro-social - "
"I want a game that’s enlightening - "
I choose to portray myself as an anonymous entity because I believe that it prevents any distractions from the arguments I make, the concepts I debunk, and the ideas I propagate. All you need to know about me is that I support the progression of the human race to help build a better world.I enact this by assisting in the propagation of good ideas, and the destruction of bad ones.
"why are you so anti-nazi-ism?? if you don’t support it keep to yourself"
fuck you and fuck your ignorant trash-boat mindset
Violent crimes? Only a few examples. One of which is their violent protest against Warren Farrell when he spoke in Toronto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
Another would be this mob of pro-abortion Feminists in Argentina: http://www.lifesitenews.com/horror-mob-of-topless-pro-abort-feminists-attacks-rosary-praying-men-defend.html
Feminists disrupt a forum for battered men: http://youtu.be/qodygTkTUYM
Tumblr users sarah-bunny and feminism-is-your-friend harass and DOXX an Asexual rape victim: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/78589971327/abbeyxmae-serebrii
Tumblr user manhatingfeminist tells a user to kill themselves: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/78734991790/you-need-to-kill-yourself-lol
Tumblr user musemorplsunerd defends a woman who raped an 8 year old boy: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/81918411593/you-do-realize-that-8-year-olds-cannot-give-any-kind-of
Other than that, I’ll list some occasions of Feminist groups fighting against equality.
Father’s rights group want shared parenting (equal custody) to be the default if both parents want custody and neither parent is unfit.
Men want protection against false rape allegations. They feel that a man’s life should not be ruined simply on the allegation of a woman who may be a vindictive liar. Currently, a woman can accuse a man of rape for no reason, and the man’s name is splashed in the paper and his life is ruined. So, they fought for laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
Feminists fought against this as well.
Men want an end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
Men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
Feminists fought against this by trying to suppress evidence showing that half of domestic violence is done by women, by threatening the researchers with bomb threats, death threats, etc. Modern, younger feminists are doing it as well.
And sadly, they were successful in this effort of propaganda. For decades, and continuing today, violent men are (rightfully) convicted and punished by the state, while violent women are left to freely terrorize and harm their partners.
Men want female rapists to be arrested, charged, and convicted with rape. In Western countries, women are rarely punished when raping men, due to the biased legal system. In some countries, women cannot be punished when raping men, since rape is defined as a male-perpetrated crime.
Feminists fought against this in India, arguing that “there is a physicality [in] rape” and that it would make things “more complicated for judges.”
Feminists fought against this in Israel, claiming that changing the law would result in men filing false rape claims.
Men don’t want to be thrown in jail because they lost their jobs and temporarily cannot pay child support.
Feminists fought against this, trying to lower the amount to $5000 before a man is guilty of a felony for not paying child support. If a man loses a decent-paying job, he will now be a felon, go to jail, lose his right to vote, AND be unable to find future jobs—if he cannot regain an equal-paying job within a few months.
Men want equal economic support and help from the government. When the recession hit, male-dominated fields like construction lost millions of jobs, while female-fields like education and healthcare gained jobs. So the government proposed an economic stimulus for those fields.
Feminists successfully fought against this, arguing that it was discrimination to support men, and caused the government to give money to women who didn’t deserve it. Hundreds of professional feminists complained against the “sexism” of helping men (who had lost jobs) and not women (who had gained jobs).
A representative of the Michigan National Organization for Women testified in opposition to the Revocation of Paternity Act, which stopped the old law which stated that if a woman was married and cheated on her husband, the resulting child is considered to be legally the husband’s and the biological father had no legal rights to fight for custody or parenting time with his biological child.
In other words, the amendment would have “taken away” women’s rights, by treatingwomen exactly the same as men.
Some may argue that these cases of feminists harming men is not “representative” of feminism. I ask you: Are there any cases of feminists helping men? No. Yet, there are many cases of feminists harming men.
It is reasonable to conclude from these facts that feminism fights to harm men.
FEMINISM AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS IT IS TRASH
Feminists are okay. Not the rad-femme misandrist psuedo-social justce feminists though.
do you even do research. these people arent rad fems dude. they are the people who lead the movement. ll those court battles. professional feminists.
political parties function on a basis of representation. we as individuals are not powerful enough to make a difference in the world so we choose leaders to represent and fight for our interests. we choose the label to identify with our support for those leaders.
THESE ARE YOUR LEADERS. THESE ARE THE REAL FEMINISTS.
they run the feminist websites, they create all the propoganda, they organize slutwalks and commities and handle the funding.
these are the people that feminists support, whether they know it or not.
so dont pull that “its the radfems who are the problem” bullshit. feminists are the problem. and the sooner that you and everyone else realizes that the better off we’ll be.
Feminism deaded in one shot.
this angers me and I can’t put across why
maybe because literally none of that is feminism, none of those things is what feminism stands for?
can someone address this please i can’t deal with this right now
"nazism isnt about killing jews, its about the reunification of germany!!! hitler and all of his lackeys are fake nazis!!!"
lady whether you wanna accept it or not this is what you are apart of. these are the people who lead your movement they are feminists. and just because you dont like the shit they do doesnt change that fact.
instead of ignoring the massive problems with your movement hows about you wake up.
if you cant deal with this right now its probably because my argument is too strong. reality sucks doesnt it?
i can’t deal with this right now because i’m dealing with mad jet lag and am currently babysitting four children who just spent two hours crying for no fucking reason
it’s got nothing to do with your arguments being strong. i’m not even dismissing anything you’ve said. i have NEVER denied that there are massive problems in the movement - obviously there are some feminists who are using women’s history of oppression as a means to manipulate and hurt others, and that is not okay. there are a lot of problems within feminism even excluding violence against men - you mentioned transphobia, which a lot of radfems are guilty of, we’ve also had a lot of sex-shaming, body-shaming, racism, ableism, biphobia and victim-blaming within the movement that has not gone unaddressed.
i’m going to be completely honest - i do not have the time or the energy to look through all of those links. but i will take your word for it and assume that all of these things did happen, and were initiated by self-proclaimed feminists. even ignoring the fact that MRM groups are renowned for promoting violence against women and sending rape and death threats, a lot of those stories are highly alarming. i’m not even going to say that these are “fake” feminists - there is no exclusive set of characteristics that lets you into The Feminist Club, so no.
all i’m saying is that this is not my feminism. i don’t believe that anything except intersectional feminism is even remotely effective, and none of what constitutes my feminism or that of any of my friends’ (hopefully!) would be included in the list you provided. i want men to have equal rights to their children because i think that women being assigned the main care taking role is bullshit. i want men to be taken seriously when they are raped because society has structured masculinity in such a way that weakness and victimhood are not an option, and i was raped, and my ex-boyfriend was raped, and his suffering was plenty as real as mine. i want women to be held responsible for their crimes because we are not weak, we are fully capable of doing horrendous things and should be held accountable for them accordingly.
but if you believe that society is not structured in such a way that disfavours women, you are kidding yourself. i am sorry that all those women did those things while claiming to represent feminism. i am sorry that that is what feminism means to you. but nazism is an absolutely horrid comparison. for one, those isolated cases aside, feminists hold no powerful standing - and while instances of female violence against men do happen, male violence against women is literally at epidemic levels. i’m not competing here - violence needs to be stopped regardless of who is inflicting it and who is receiving it - BUT feminism is not comparable with nazism. ever. and i know a few feminist jews who will tell you the same, and give even better reasons.
i guess it’s more like peace. some people will go to war and kill and torture innocent people in the name of “peace”, while others will extend a helping hand to those in need and do the best they can to create a better world without harming others. just because some people have taken that idea and fucked it around completely doesn’t discredit or disvalue the work of people involved in different ways. and i absolutely agree that it’s our job to call these so-called “feminists” out on their bullshit and harmful and destructive and right out awful behaviour and ideals. and we do that, all the time. at least i know that i try to, and will continue to do so.
but feminism is important. and we need it. we just also need to get rid of the shitty people operating within it pretending to be on our side.
now when you get down to it your entire basis for this is completely fucking idiotic because yea while violence is committed by men more often than by women it is also for the most part committed against men. men are by far more likely to be attacked on the street in comparison to women. men are the majority of all victims of violent crime (that includes rape). what this means is that your fears are irrational. a man has a higher chance of being attacked on the street than you do but by and large most men don’t think this way. because nobody teaches us to be afraid. i’m guessing its because we aren’t raised to view ourselves as victims but thats just me. ill take rational humans over fear mongering twats any day.
now what you’re saying is that men are more violent than women? now at first glance that might be accurate but for the most part it isn’t true. when put in domestic environments you’ll see that intimate partner violence is actually 50/50.
now what this means is that women are in fact just as violent as men when given the chance. you aren’t special little creatures sent from heaven above. women will abuse men. women will abuse women. humans will abuse humans. get that through your head.
now im gonna show you how much of a sexist peice of trash you are. ready? ok.
so the united states has a population density of around 350 million people right? cool. in 2011 the FBI reported around 534,000 arrests on violent crime. now i’m gonna assume that ALL of these arrests were legitimate violent crimes even though that is in and of itself a logical fallacy. im also gonna assume that all of those arrests are men, even though that is another logical fallacy. i’m also gonna ignore the fact that women have it easy in the criminal justice system because honestly ignoring all these factors is just gonna make you look even stupider.
534k/350mil = less 0.1 percent
WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN BEING AT EPIDIMIC LEVELS???
you literally just stereotyped men as violent criminals based on .1 percent of the population. ignoring the fact that a chunk of that percentage is women. ignoring the fact that many of those arrests were probably false and had something to do with racial profiling, ignoring the fact that alot of these people are probably repeat offenders and therefore the number is actually less. ignoring all of that. you are still a massive heaping pile of trash. even when compounded over the average human lifespan its still not even a 10 %.
heres some facts on male rape!!!!!!
the the CDC’s national intimate partner and sexual violence survey actually recognizes that rape laws are gendered. you see the law currently defines rape as “forced penetration” despite the fact that the dictionary defines it as “any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person” so yea its no fucking wonder you’re getting that statistic. they are literally removing all the female rapists from the pool.
this is why you need to look deeper than just one fucking statistic. you need to examine what is being taken into account. you need to compare it to the entire population. you cant take a small group and slap the whole stat onto the entire population because the majority of the population isnt made up of criminals. what are the factors? are there any missing? apparently fucking so.
This is what people with critical thinking skills do. At least attempt to be one of those people.
and about rape culture:
Rape has actually decreased by over 80% since 1979, despite an increase in the willingness of victims in reporting it, and an increase in the overall number of rapes that were reported at allprior to discovery. The “1 in 3/4 women” “statistic” being passed around on places like Tumblr is hilariously FALSE. Female scholars and other journalistshave written off the concept as nothing more than a form of mass hysteria. The leading organization devoted to helping victims of rape discourages the notion from being taught on college campuses, as it tries to take blame off of the actual rapist, and place it onto some poorly-defined, imaginary boogeyman.
No men are not some violent animals prowling the street ready to pounce and attack you.
No whatever you’re statistics are, they are not accurate nor are their factors fully accounted for.
what is apparent though is that you are a sexist idiot who would rather encourage hysteria than look at facts.
get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
and for feminism?
many feminist leaders were borderline genercidal. In fact Valerie Solanas, who helped to shape modern patriarchy theory, and who’s writing is still taught today in womens studies classes, not only attempted to assassinate Andy Warhol, but also wrote a book called the S.C.U.M. Manifesto (or feminist Mein Kompf), which was about gendercide, and she is still hailed as a feminist hero to this day. this book is still used in womens studies classes despite the fact that it proposes reducing the male population to 10% and using them for breeding purposes.
The thing is, even your definition of feminism is wrong. The name itself should tell you that this is a gendered movement. Im assuming you’re going by the Websters definition.
Now im gonna do a breakdown on why even by its very definition feminism isnt for equality.
- That link will take you to the ACTUAL definition of Feminism. now Websters did in fact say sexes but its secondary definition said“organized activity on behalf of women’s rights and interests" which even by Websters is still in favor of women. The oxford english dictionary also says that feminism is indeed about women.You are probably asking yourself why this is even a problem. Aren’t women the ones who still need rights? Well see that may have been true twenty years ago but now it really isn’t. The main problem with the definition of feminism is that it enforces this idea that men live in some ideal world that women should want to live in. Idealizes our situation has the negative effect of erasing our problems. So even by its very definition feminism is already fucking up the idea of equal treatment and consideration.
men actually have less rights than women. men are also demonized as rapists due to unequal rape laws that favor women. when you analyze the situation you’ll find that women rape almost as often as men (about 40% of rapists are women) and men are raped just as often if not more than women.
oh and the wage gap doesnt exist. you’d know that if you would do research instead of listening to feminist propoganda.
STOP IGNORING THE ISSUES INHERENT WITHIN YOUR MOVEMENT.
STOP BEING DELUSIONAL.
feminism isnt the only name in equality dumbass. join a new fucking movement.
My main issue with vegan-queen’s response is that she acknowledges that there are “bad feminists” and that men have issues too…but she dismisses any criticism of feminism by saying “that’s not MY feminism.” As if that’s some kind of excuse. Well, as long as I hold to the good kind of feminism, I should be able to tell you not to criticize the movement.
Like, what don’t you get about anti-feminists being against a movement. If you think you’re better than the bad feminists that run your movement then you should be fine with others not supporting it, or speaking out against it. So why are you bitching?
A hit dog will holler, though. So I guess you know you’re not that good a feminist, especially if you actually think men are inherently more violent than women (which is to suggest you think men are savage and less evolved than women).
"I want a game that’s edifying - "
"I want a game that’s healing - "
"I want a game that’s pro-social - "
"I want a game that’s enlightening - "
1. All those people screaming cultural appropriation at her are ignoramuses who are basically saying, “Wow, you don’t look like my ill-informed, narrow-minded stereotype of what people from this region actually look like!” and “I actually subscribe to horrible, reductionist stereotypes that Indian people can only have dark hair, skin and eyes. Light hair? Green eyes? European (origin) only!”
This is gonna be a tad long, because it’s gonna delve into biology and history- and it’s because I hope people realise how artificial the US paradigm of race is. It’s woefully incompetent at understanding the biological diversity of our species because it is a social construct. Modern scientists and historians generally refuse to categorise people on the amount of melanin they have because it’s just reductionist and oversimplistic- what they do is classify people by their geographic origin, linguistic and cultural ties.
2. India is an EXTREMELY diverse country. The Indian subcontinent is so genetically diverse that the only place more genetically diverse is the African continent, aka, the birthplace of humanity. And this is a big deal. I’ll explain why.
Surprise! People inhabiting an extremely large country that has more than 2000 ethnic groups, members of all the world’s religions, been the site of multiple ancient civilisations, been on the major crossroads of human migration and trade for thousands of years come in multiple colours!
- Presently, the most widely-accepted theory of our origins is the Recent African Origin, or Out of Africa Theory. This holds that originally, humans first appeared in Africa, thus all of us have African ancestors. All modern non-Africans are descended from much smaller groups of people who migrated out of Africa, anytime from 65,000 to 125,000 years ago. How do scientists know this? By looking at our DNA, in addition to fossil and archaeological records. They discovered that the differences in the DNA of non-African peoples like say, a German a Japanese and a New Zealand Maori was far less than the genetic differences between people from different African ethnic groups. (Somali, Dinka, Yoruba, San, Kikuyu, Luo etc- I’m BARELY scratching the surface)
- What this meant was that Africa had to be the original, diverse genetic pool where modern humans first appeared. Everybody else outside of Africa today is descended from much smaller groups of people who left Africa at various times- and that ancestral genetic “bottleneck” is why people who appear to have very different heritage (e.g European vs East Asian) actually have far less genetic variation than the various African peoples.
So, India being the second most genetically diverse place on this planet is a big deal- it’s basically second only to THE CRADLE OF HUMANITY. That’s why I’m pretty convinced your friend can have blonde hair and green eyes and still be 100% Made in India.
3. Now, the genetics of India itself.
Genetic studies have shown that if you take a modern Indian from any part of India, no matter how dark or fair they are, his or her lineage will consist of mixing from two main ancestral groups. One is the Ancestral Northern Indians (ANI), and the other the Ancestral Southern Indians (ASI). You may have heard of the ancient Indian caste system which put a lot of social pressure that prohibited marrying outside your caste. Caste discrimination is banned today, but old attitudes do persist. However, even this caste rigidity wasn’t so 4000- 2000 years ago. ANI people married ASI pretty freely, so that’s why every modern Indian has heredity from both groups. So, already to start off, you got quite a fair bit of diversity hidden in people’s genes.
- And the next interesting part to explain why it IS possible for Indians to have features stereotyped as “European” is because while the ASI seemed to be genetically unique to the Indian subcontinent, the ANI people are genetically related to Middle-Easterns, Europeans and Caucasians (and I mean this not in the sense of “white” as often used in the US, but the actual region of Caucasus, which borders Europe and Asia).
- You mentioned she looks “white”- and the American-understanding of “white” being hurled at her by those people screaming cultural appropriation are actually ignorantly treating “white” as synonymous with “European-origin”. In reality, it’s completely useless in the realm of biology. Biologically, there is actually no real dichotomy where “European” suddenly ends and “Asia” begins.
- As I earlier pointed out, well, we’re all kinda related. And it’s not at all earth-shattering that some people from India look like they’re of “European-origin”. Because modern Europeans, Central Asians and the Ancestral Northern Indians are all believed to be descendants of a group of people called the Proto-Indo-Europeans. It’s believed they lived around 6000-7000 years ago. Some modern people that are descended from the Proto-Indo-Europeans are French, Germans, Iranians and Pashtuns (a major ethnic group in Afghanistan). It’s even been found that Europeans and Indians shared a gene for fair skin from a common ancestor- which is why there ARE people who look like your friend. Naturally, fair skin is just relatively rarer in India vs Europe because more parts of India are located in hotter regions. Therefore, there’s more selection pressure for darker skin which has more melanin to protect from the sun- making fair skin rarer, but still possible.
(This is a map of the Kurgan Hypothesis, which is currently the most popular theory for how the Proto-Indo-Europeans migrated from their homeland to settle Europe, Central Asia, Iran, India and Turkey etc)
- Saying Indians are descendants of the Proto-Indo-Europeans is NOT the same as saying they’re of “European origin”. For example, think of the Proto-Indo-Europeans as like the “mother” of Europeans, Central Asians and the Ancestral Northern Indians- they’re like “sibling” groups, not descendants. The original Indo-Europeans were not “European” in the modern sense. I am clarifying this because plenty of colonial-era scientific racism tried to attribute ancient India’s achievements to “European who left Europe for India”- you might have heard the phrase “Aryan” thrown around in Nazi Germany, which was used to mean “blonde hair, blue eyes”. Nazi scientists and historians also abused it to explain away the sophistication of non-European civilisations in Ancient Egypt and India. In reality, ”Aryan” is derived from the ancient Sanskrit word “Arya" which means "noble". Sanskrit is an ancient language still used in classical Indian texts, and is of Proto-Indo-European origin. For example, the name of the country “Iran” actually means “land of the Aryans”- it was the name ancient Iranians (another people descended from the Proto-Indo-Europeans) gave to what others called the Persian Empire for more than a thousand years before the Third Reich.
- Furthermore, many languages we often separate as “European” and “Asian” like German, English, French, Italian vs. Hindi, Farsi (Persian), Gujarati, Punjabi, Pashto, Sanskrit etc are ALL classified by linguists as belonging to the same Indo-European language family- which all evolved from the original language the Proto-Indo-Europeans spoke. See how artificial the Europe/Asia dichotomy really is, in terms of human genetics and origin of cultures?
4. Finally- there’s plenty of modern proof that the region we call Europe today does NOT have a monopoly on producing people with blonde hair, fair skin and green eyes.
This is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, a popular Indian Bollywood actress who is also known for her striking blue-green eyes. She’s 100% Indian- she was born in Mangalore, India to Indian parents.
This is a girl from Darfur, Sudan- an area that has more than 30 ethnic groups.
5. And in the first place, what makes up a person’s identity IS NOT JUST HOW MUCH or HOW LITTLE MELANIN THEY HAVE.
- Tell your friend she is 100% Indian, because what makes up her identity is not just how she looks. Identity is what feels most natural to her, and if that identity is indeed very intertwined with major aspects of Indian culture- then well, she IS Indian and noone can say otherwise.
- Those people had no right to make her feel awful and “not-Indian enough” because it’s clear she identifies as such due to actually being born there and also practising major aspects of Indian culture. The best example I can think of to explain this is how in the US, people sometimes use the term “Latino” as a race category, with the stereotype that all latinos must have tanned skin and dark hair. In reality, it’s more of a cultural identity. There are fair haired-latinos and darker-skinned latinos whose ancestors included the African slaves brought to the Americas four hundred years ago. But what really makes them “Latino” or “Hispanic” is their upbringing- growing up in the environment of Latin America, which is culturally a syncretic fusion of Amerindian, African, Spanish, Portuguese and other European influences.
(This is the Brazilian football team that won the 1970 World Cup- you can see Pelé- second from the bottom right. He is an Afro-Brazilian. If you look at his teammates, you can see how latinos come in ALL COLOURS.)
6. Your friend should not be questioning her identity, but those people attacking her should be questioning their utterly myopic worldview. The history of human genetics and migrations makes it abundantly clear how DIVERSE India is- so it’s perfectly possible for her to be Indian but have blonde hair and green eyes, even if it may be less common.
7. On a more general note, I cannot stress this enough to everyone- DO NOT GO AROUND ATTACKING PEOPLE for “cultural appropriation” when you are NOT even from that culture in question and/or don’t actually know in detail the history and genetics of that region.
- If you suspect cultural appropriation: DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST or ASK SOMEBODY you know who actually belongs to that group. You may be attacking mixed-race people or people like the anon’s friend, who simply has features that are less genetically dominant- blonde hair shows up less easily in countries with a bigger pool of people with dark hair because dark hair is dominant. Even if her parents had dark hair, it’s possible they both carried a recessive gene for blonde hair that was suppressed by their dark-hair gene. Their child would be blonde if she happened to get both copies of the blonde gene instead of the dark hair gene.
- Also, even if you think the person isn’t of that group, please bear in mind they might have been invited to dress in that clothing by a friend, or because they’re at an event. (I.e let’s say, at an Indian wedding)
- I can’t stress enough how infuriating this “white knight” complex is. Speaking as someone pretty familiar with colonialism, I’ve had people who didn’t grow up in my culture condescendingly insist that if I’m okay with somebody doing something from my culture, it’s “self-internalised oppression”. I’ve studied African colonial literature, and the way people insist on defining what people should be alright with is very reminiscent of 19th century imperialists high-handedly saying, “oh, we have to bring the light of civilisation to save those backwards colonial subjects from themselves!”
This is Reese Witherspoon, wearing a kimono in Japan, where she is being taught by JAPANESE people how to perform the traditional tea ceremony. This is not reducing a culture to a caricature because she’s actually learning stuff respectfully and wearing a bona fide kimono.
- Fighting against cultural appropriation is to prevent cultures from being cheapened, made into jokes, sexual fetishes or ugly caricatures. Part of returning power to people to define themselves is ALSO by allowing them to set the parameters of what they want to share with others- and many cultures are perfectly willing to share aspects that are non-sacred or do not have to be earned. So, for example, do not go around insisting a Japanese person should not be allowed to teach non-Japanese people to wear a kimono- because a kimono, unlike a
Navajo(my bad! the Navajo were not a Native American people who traditionally wore such headdresses. Thanks to tumblr user nativepeopleproblems for pointing it out!) Sioux or Cheyenne war bonnet (akin to veteran’s medals), is something anybody can wear. Recognise this difference.
"Teach men not to rape"
Shut the fuck up.
Shut every fucking part of your face noise can come out of.
Stop fucking talking.
Do not talk.
Stop implying men are the only fucking people who rape.
Stop implying rapists don’t know that what they’re doing is wrong.
Stop blaming men for what fucking rapists do.
AHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!! You are using 30 year old statistics friend.
- Male rape has been called “The most closely guarded secret of American prisons.” (Weiss and Friar)
There are estimated to be over 300,000 male rapes per year in American prisons and jails.
- Meanwhile A United Nations statistical report compiled from government sources showed that more than 250,000 cases of male-female rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. The reported data covered 65 countries.
- According to the 2009 United States National Crime Victimization Survey estimates, only 55% of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials. When a male is raped, less than 10% are believed to be reported. Female-male and female-female rape are ignored altogether in this survey.
Other facts regarding men and rape:
- 2.1% of men reported forced vaginal sex compared to 1.6% of women in a relationship in the previous year. From: Predictors of Sexual Coersion.
- 94% of sexually abused youth in correctional facilities reported being abused by female staff. From: Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities, 2008-09.
- Among inmates reporting staff sexual misconduct, ~ 65% reported a female aggressor. From: Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2008-09.
- 50% of homeless youth reported being sexually abused by a female. From: It’s Not What You Think: Sexually Exploited Youth in British Columbia
I wonder if anon realizes that “1 in 40” is 2.5%. In other words: less than the rate of male prison rape of 6.3% (about 1 in 16)